Revision History - 2020
Version 2.25.1 (September 24, 2020)
- The Color Scheme Editor now remembers the name of the file being
edited. So, if the window is closed, it retain the name when re-opened.
- Fixed a bug in the Console Window. When the output is displayed as
text-only, the Console Window wasn't using a monospace font. This made
it difficult for students to create ASCII-art style programs.
Special thanks to Kim Mönch for reporting this
Version 2.25.0 (September 12, 2020)
- The function dropdown was redesigned. The new design uses the
toolbar control's dropdown and also includes an "Add New Function"
- The About Window was redesigned.
- Bug fixes:
- Fixed a bug that cause the application to crash if the
background was double-clicked.
- Expressions now work correctly for unary operators. If the unary
operator was used as the first symbol in an expression, it was being
flagged as a syntax error. Special thanks to Petr Vanecek, Ph. D.
for reporting this.
- Line continuation on output not working. Special thanks to
Petr Vanecek, Ph. D. for reporting this.
Version 2.24.2 (July 30, 2020)
- Fixed some type-conversion bugs. The bugs were caused when
Flowgorithm was used by systems that use a comma as the decimal
- The Console Window now saves content if the window is closed.
- Added a button to the mail toolbar that will open the Console
Window. Before, this option was only available from the menu.
- Made internal changes in preparation to the port to Xamarin.
Version 2.24.1 (July 11, 2020) - Quick Bug Fix
- Fixed a bug that causes issues on some international versions of
Special thanks to Roberto Atzori for
Version 2.24.0 (July 11, 2020)
Added support for Catalan
- special thanks to Roger Calders.
Added support for Swedish - special thanks to
- Flowgorithm now supports Unicode operators. Most mathematical
operators are not supported directly by classic ASCII. So, they are
represented in most programming
languages using a series of characters: != for ≠, <= for ≤, etc... The Unicode character set
supports the correct notation. In Flowgorithm, you can use these
operators or the classic ones. Each are considered "synonyms". Please see the
Documentation for more
information. These include:
- Comparison operators: ≠, ≤, ≥
- Logical operators: ¬, ∧, ∨
- Algebra operators: ×, ÷
- Pi constant: π
- The vertical distance between the top of the If Statement (diamond),
and the start of the left-and-right branches, was decreased slightly.
- The vertical distance between the top of the For Loop and While
loop, and the start of the blocks, was decreased slightly.
- There were major internal revisions in preparation for the move to
Xamarin. These, for the most part, are completely invisible. They
- revised console which reacts much faster than before
- new expression parser that supports Unicode operators
- new XML file reader
Version 2.23.1 (May 30, 2020) - Minor update
- Fixed a few minor mistakes in Transact-SQL generated code.
- Other, very minor, cosmetic changes.
Version 2.23.0 (May 27, 2020)
- Added an intrinsic function ln. This function is an alias to log which computes the natural log of a number. The new function was added to make it
easier for instructors (who may strongly prefer ln).
- Added a prescanner. The scanner will alert the user about undeclared
variables and incomplete shapes. This takes place when the Step or Run
buttons are pressed, but before the program beings to run. This way, one
of the most common run-time errors (and aggravating ones) can be
- Comment shapes now trim extra spaces before they are displayed to
the screen. This doesn't affect the actual comment text.
- A "Change Translation Button" was added to the main toolbar.
- There were some minor cosmetic changes to the Change Translation Window
- When a new color scheme is selected in the Color Scheme Editor, the
colors for Incomplete, Error, Selected, and Executing now have a default
- Ada 95, Applescript, Bash, and Transact-SQL were added the Source
- Source Code Viewer bug fixes:
- Improved the StrToReal function in the Fortran.
- Fixed PowerShell casting.
- Added ToFixed to Pascal.
- Cleaned up PHP template. In particular, number_format() is built