Version 2.30.2 (July 21, 2021) - Minor update
- The Console Window now displays all numeric results in
- The Main Window and the Variable Watch Window will scroll or zoom
depending on the Control Key. If Control is pressed, the mouse wheel
will cause the windows to zoom in or out. If unpressed, they will scroll
vertically as normal.
- When the Variable Watch Window is opened, it now aligns just right
of the Main Window.
- Updated the toolbar icon for the Variable Watch Window. This version
contains the text "x=" and is designed to look different than the Source
Code Viewer icon.
- Minor bug fix: The Source Code Viewer updates a tad better if flowchart shapes are
Version 2.30.1 (July 20, 2021) - Bug fixes
- This release fixes a number of bugs. Special thanks to Petr
Vaněček for his help. He pointed them out and helped test the
- Bug: Literal real numbers were not working. This was the classic
comma-vs-period issue appearing again.
- Bug: Console Window was allowing a comma-decimal number to be
- Bug: The templates were not casting when storing a real into an
integer. Also, real integers (when small) were not displaying correctly.
It affected the following templates.
Version 2.30 (July 19, 2021)
- The main menu was re-arranged. A new menu item called "Appearance"
was created. All the features that affect how the flowchart/application
appears were moved here.
- The mouse scroll button will now zoom the Main Window and Variable
Watch Window (i.e. the graphical windows).
- Control-0 (zero) will now reset the zoom in the Main Window.
- Application scaling can now also be changed using the keyboard.
Control+Shift+Plus will increase the scale and Control-Shift-Minus will
- The Error Window will now automatically wait (for 5 seconds) if the
same exact error & shape occurs twice. This is is designed to force the
student to actually read the window rather than just clicking "Ok".
- Added an "Import" button to Function Manager Window. It will add all
the functions from another Flowgorithm program file. It's simular to the
concept of "include" except the functions will be added to the current
program rather than being linked.
- Fixed a bug that affected Breakpoints. If a breakpoint was the first
shape in program, it would cause the system to crash. Special thanks
to Petr Vaněček for reporting it.
Version 2.29 (May 29, 2021)
- Added support for Tamil - Special thanks to Guru Priya
- The Console Window can now visually show when an Breakpoint was
reached. This will give students a visual cue that their program has
- Some toolbar icons were rearranged for consistency.
Version 2.28 (May 7, 2021)
- Added support for Afrikaans - Special thanks to Ernst
- The GUI for "checked" toolbar buttons was changed. Before, the
system was simply drawing a blue rectangle around the button. The
updated version displays a constant light-blue box.
- Various changes were made to make the software work better under
Mono and other forms of emulation. In particular, some of the windows,
what are causing a crash, were fixed. Hopefully, it works far better
- Miscellaneous cosmetic tweaks.
Version 2.27.2 (April 11, 2021)
- The Hebrew Translation was updated - Special thanks to Zeev
Kotzer. The new version works better on Linux and Macintosh under
- Gaddis Pseudocode was updated. It was using parenthesis for array
access rather than square brackets.
- Improved the Auto Pseudocode feature. When using the Source Code
Viewer, the "auto" pseudocode is created directly from the current
translation. It wasn't taking into account newline characters and was
displaying text incorrect (if they were present).
- Some, very minor, cosmetic changes.
Version 2.27.1 (April 9, 2021)
- The Run/Step/Pause/Stop toolbar buttons were updated. The behavior
of the buttons (when they are enabled) is now far more consistent.
- Added a Download Color Scheme icon to the Color Scheme Editor.
- Made some various cosmetic changes (that most won't notice).
Version 2.27.0 (April 4, 2021)
Added support for Hebrew - Special thanks to Zeev
- The application, when first executed, will now attempt to set the translation to the computer's current
culture. This will only happen if the application's registry settings
are not set (both current user and local machine).
- The Download Color Scheme Window was improved
- The tree now follows the right-to-left logic of languages such
as Hebrew, Farsi (Persian) and Arabic.
- A bug was fixed that caused text to be incorrectly displaced for some dialects of
- Change Translation window was improved with a header icon and
description. To make the graphic look decent against a blue background,
the colors of the icon were changed.
- Bug Fixes:
- Fixed a bug that occurred when the system was running in slow/medium
speed. When the stop button was pressed, the remaining buttons were not
enabled correctly. Thanks to Jose Cardenas for reporting it.
- Fixed a bug that affected expressions. The system was incorrectly
reporting an error if an array was used from within an parenthesized
expression. Thanks to Jose Cardenas for reporting it.
- Fixed a bug in expressions. When a unary minus was used after a
comma, the system was reporting a syntax error. Thanks to Ilya
Volobuev for reporting it.
Version 2.26.0 (March 31, 2021)
- The Download Color Scheme icon was changed. This is a simple
- Color Scheme Download window was made larger.
- The Color Scheme Editor was improved.
- Buttons were added for undo/redo
- The Picture Preview box is far larger now.
- Bug fixes:
- Fixed a (very hard to find) bug that caused the application to
hang when executed in a VM. Special thanks to Zeev Kotzer to
helping me track this down!
- Right-click on If-Statement connector (the little circle) was
causing the application to crash. Special thanks to
- When running the application on medium or slow speed, the program
were automatically restarting. Special thanks to
Deanna Wilborne and Marty Port for letting me know.
- Precedence levels for Unicode operators wrong in a few cases.
- The Source Code Viewer was not resetting the current line, if a
new flowchart was loaded.