Version 2.27.2 (April 11, 2021)
- The Hebrew Translation was updated - Special thanks to Zeev
Kotzer. The new version works better on Linux and Macintosh under
- Gaddis Pseudocode was updated. It was using parathesis for array
access rather than square brackets.
- Improved the Auto Pseudocode feature. When using the Source Code
Viewer, the "auto" pseudocode is created directly from the current
translation. It wasn't taking into account newline characters and was
displaying text incorrect (if they were present).
- Some, very minor, cosmetic changes.
Version 2.27.1 (April 9, 2021)
- The Run/Step/Pause/Stop toolbar buttons were updated. The behavior
of the buttons (when they are enabled) is now far more consistent.
- Added a Download Color Scheme icon to the Color Scheme Editor.
- Made some various cosmetic changes (that most won't notice).
Version 2.27.0 (April 4, 2021)
Added support for Hebrew - Special thanks to Zeev
- The application, when first executed, will now attempt to set the translation to the computer's current
culture. This will only happen if the application's registry settings
are not set (both current user and local machine).
- The Download Color Scheme Window was improved
- The tree now follows the right-to-left logic of languages such
as Hebrew, Farsi (Persian) and Arabic.
- A bug was fixed that caused text to be incorrectly displaced for some dialects of
- Change Translation window was improved with a header icon and
description. To make the graphic look decent against a blue background,
the colors of the icon were changed.
- Bug Fixes:
- Fixed a bug that occurred when the system was running in slow/medium
speed. When the stop button was pressed, the remaining buttons were not
enabled correctly. Thanks to Jose Cardenas for reporting it.
- Fixed a bug that affected expressions. The system was incorrectly
reporting an error if an array was used from within an parenthesized
expression. Thanks to Jose Cardenas for reporting it.
- Fixed a bug in expressions. When a unary minus was used after a
comma, the system was reporting a syntax error. Thanks to Ilya
Volobuev for reporting it.
Version 2.26.0 (March 31, 2021)
- The Download Color Scheme icon was changed. This is a simple
- Color Scheme Download window was made larger.
- The Color Scheme Editor was improved.
- Buttons were added for undo/redo
- The Picture Preview box is far larger now.
- Bug fixes:
- Fixed a (very hard to find) bug that caused the application to
hang when executed in a VM. Special thanks to Zeev Kotzer to
helping me track this down!
- Right-click on If-Statement connector (the little circle) was
causing the application to crash. Special thanks to
- When running the applicaton on medium or slow speed, the program
were automatically restarting. Special thanks to
Deanna Wilborne and Marty Port for letting me know.
- Precedence levels for Unicode operators wrong in a few cases.
- The Source Code Viewer was not resetting the current line, if a
new flowchart was loaded.
Version 2.25.1 (September 24, 2020)
- The Color Scheme Editor now remembers the name of the file being
edited. So, if the window is closed, it retain the name when re-opened.
- Fixed a bug in the Console Window. When the output is displayed as
text-only, the Console Window wasn't using a monospace font. This made
it difficult for students to create ASCII-art style programs.
Special thanks to Kim Mönch for reporting this
Version 2.25.0 (September 12, 2020)
- The function dropdown was redesigned. The new design uses the
toolbar control's dropdown and also includes an "Add New Function"
- The About Window was redesigned.
- Bug fixes:
- Fixed a bug that cause the application to crash if the
background was double-clicked.
- Expressions now work correctly for unary operators. If the unary
operator was used as the first symbol in an expression, it was being
flagged as a syntax error. Special thanks to Petr Vanecek, Ph. D.
for reporting this.
- Line continuation on output not working. Special thanks to
Petr Vanecek, Ph. D. for reporting this.
Version 2.24.2 (July 30, 2020)
- Fixed some type-conversion bugs. The bugs were caused when
Flowgorithm was used by systems that use a comma as the decimal
- The Console Window now saves content if the window is closed.
- Added a button to the mail toolbar that will open the Console
Window. Before, this option was only available from the menu.
- Made internal changes in preparation to the port to Xamarin.
Version 2.24.1 (July 11, 2020) - Quick Bug Fix
- Fixed a bug that causes issues on some international versions of
Special thanks to Roberto Atzori for
Version 2.24.0 (July 11, 2020)
Added support for Catalan
- special thanks to Roger Calders.
Added support for Swedish - special thanks to
- Flowgorithm now supports Unicode operators. Most mathematical
operators are not supported directly by classic ASCII. So, they are
represented in most programming
languages using a series of characters: != for ≠, <= for ≤, etc... The Unicode character set
supports the correct notation. In Flowgorithm, you can use these
operators or the classic ones. Each are considered "synonyms". Please see the
Documentation for more
information. These include:
- Comparion operators: ≠, ≤, ≥
- Logical operators: ¬, ∧, ∨
- Algebra opeators: ×, ÷
- Pi constant: π
- The vertical distance between the top of the If Statement (diamond),
and the start of the left-and-right branches, was decreased slightly.
- The vertical distance between the top of the For Loop and While
loop, and the start of the blocks, was decreased slightly.
- There were major internal revisions in preparation for the move to
Xamarin. These, for the most part, are completely invisible. They
- revised console which reacts much faster than before
- new expression parser that supports Unicode operators
- new XML file reader
Version 2.23.1 (May 30, 2020) - Minor update
- Fixed a few minor mistakes in Transact-SQL generated code.
- Other, very minor, cosmetic changes.
Version 2.23.0 (May 27, 2020)
- Added an intrinsic function ln. This function is an alias to log which computes the natural log of a number. The new function was added to make it
easier for instructors (who may strongly prefer ln).
- Added a prescanner. The scanner will alert the user about undeclared
variables and incomplete shapes. This takes place when the Step or Run
buttons are pressed, but before the program beings to run. This way, one
of the most common run-time errors (and aggravating ones) can be
- Comment shapes now trim extra spaces before they are displayed to
the screen. This doesn't affect the actual comment text.
- A "Change Translation Button" was added to the main toolbar.
- There were some minor cosmetic changes to the Change Translation Window
- When a new color scheme is selected in the Color Scheme Editor, the
colors for Incomplete, Error, Selected, and Executing now have a default
- Ada 95, Applescript, Bash, and Transact-SQL were added the Source
- Source Code Viewer bug fixes:
- Improved the StrToReal function in the Fortran.
- Fixed PowerShell casting.
- Added ToFixed to Pascal.
- Cleaned up PHP template. In particular, number_format() is built