Revision History - 2016
Version 2.2 (October 13, 2016)
- Added support for Turkish - Thanks to Cafer Usta
- Added support for Mongolian - Thanks to Tuvshinbayar
- The Italian translation was improved. As new features were
added to Flowgorithm, I manually translated new fields. However,
some were not accurate. Thanks to Roberto Atzori for his help.
- The Export to Vector tool was improved. In particular, Scalable Vector Graphics files
will now work better on many websites and applications. Beforehand, text was aligned vertically using
the "alignment-baseline" attribute. However, not all applications
support it. So, text is now manually aligned.
- Fixed a bug that affected internal lookup tables. It affected
Version 2.1.2 (October 3, 2016)
- The Print feature now uses generated EMF files. The resulting
documents will print quicker and will be higher quality.
- In the last two updates, the size of the text on the Error
Window was too small. I've restored the original appearance.
Version 2.1.1 (September 30, 2016)
- Enhanced the Most Recently Used (MRU) file list. If a file is
not found, it will be removed from the list.
- The MRU will now only be saved to the user's local settings.
- Fixed a minor bug in EMF exported files. The character width of
the ampersand (&) was not being measured correctly.
Version 2.1 (September 27, 2016)
- Added support for Polish - Thanks to R. Robert Gajewski
- Added support for Thai - Thanks to Pongsathorn Sraouthai
- Added a Most Recently Used (MRU) file list.
- The Print Window now displays the printing status on the main status bar
(rather than a local one).
- Updated the EMF files created by the Export to Vector utility.
They should print better than before.
Version 2.0.2 (August 16, 2016) - Bug fix
- Fixed a bug that occurred when a variable was assigned data that
is incompatible with its data type (basic type mismatch). The system
wasn't properly treating it as an error.
Version 2.0.1 (August 4, 2016) - Minor update
- Updated the Hungarian translation.
- Fixed a flaw in the British English translation.
- Fixed a bug in the Source Code Viewer for C++ generated code.
- The Console window now displays a message if a Breakpoint is
- Made some configuration changes to improve installation.
- Some minor cosmetic changes.
Version 2.0 (August 2, 2016)
- Added a new shape: Breakpoint
- The new shape is available from the Add Shape pop-up menu. It
acts as the same as the breakpoint feature found in most
- Add a "Remove Breakpoints" icon to the main toolbar.
- File format was updated. The "fileversion" now displays "2.0"
rather than "1.7". This is based on that fact that newer programs
can save the <breakpoint/> tag. This won't be a problem for older
versions of Flowgorithm. They were designed to simply ignore unrecognized
tags. So, if a program (that contains breakpoints) is opened in a
older version, they will simply be absent.
- Easy right-clicking shapes. Single shapes can be simple clicked and
cut/copy/pasted. This is a highly requested feature.
- Added buttons the Edit Function window that allows parameters to be
- New graphics library! The graphics engine was completely rewritten
using a new design.
- Shapes appear
better - especially the curved edges used by the terminal shape.
- Arrows now display a fine tip (the arrow heads are triangles).
This will be apparent when the flowcharts are displayed in high
- Mouse-overs highlight the entire line. Beforehand, it only
highlighted the top or bottom half of the line.
- Miscellaneous improvements
- Add Shape popup menu displays much, much better.
- Auto scrolling works much better (and is much faster).
- Layout Windows received some minor aesthetic improvements.
- New message dialog windows. The new windows use custom icons
(information, questions, etc...). Also, the buttons are now
- Colors & Styles
- New color scheme: Magic. This color scheme is a homage to Harry
Potter. It uses the 4 house colors, the Sorting Hat, and
- New color scheme: Traffic. This color scheme is based on colors
used in traffic signs. It was inspired by the new breakpoint shape
(which is an octagon).
- Some of the other color schemes were tweaked slightly.
- The Add Shape popup menu shows the "hover" effect using the
a new color. Before, it was always using the menu label color.
- Added a new chart style: Blocks. The style only uses the
- New: Export to Scalable Vector Graphics. Flowcharts can now be
exported to Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) and Enhanced Metafiles
Version 1.12.1 (May 8, 2016)
- Updated the language icons. I was displaying them in 8-bit rather
than 32-bit. They should look much nicer now.
- Added the current language to the status bar of the main window.
This was designed to make it easy for someone, who doesn't understand
the current displayed language, change it. I
didn't include the flag image. The flag is designed to help the user
locate the correct icon, but seems a tad unnecessary on the main window.
- In the Export Image window, the margin (in pixels) inputbox was
changed to a combobox. The user can enter any value they want, but it
has the most common ones available on the drop down list.
- The visual styles manifest was removed from the installation script.
This was originally added so the tile background would not appear red in
Windows 8.1. However, the issue became moot with the release of Windows
- Bug fixes:
- The Print Windows wasn't showing its progress in its status bar.
- The Export Image Window wasn't showing updates in its status
Version 1.12 (March 30, 2016)
- Added support for Russian - Thanks
to Olga Cooke.
- Updated the generated C++ code to use the vector template.
- Fixed a translation error in Galician. This was completely my fault.
Version 1.11.3 (January 29, 2016)
- Added support for the Brazilian dialect of Portuguese - Thanks
to Theldo Cruz Franqueira.
Version 1.11.2 (January 17, 2016)
- Added the Play, Step, Pause, and Stop buttons to the Console Window.
These have the same behavior as the buttons on the main window.
- Made some internal changes to make the Console Window draw better.
- I forgot to fix a bug in Lua generated code. It was missing the -1 for
Version 1.11.1 (January 15, 2016)
setup correctly for decreasing values.
- Fixed a bug in Python Code. A comma was missing for decreasing
Version 1.11 (January 11, 2016)
- Added support for Japanese - Thanks to Saito Yutaka
- Clipboard Popup Menu now follows the current color scheme.
- Rubén Castiñeiras Lorenzo released new versions of his Spanish
(Castilian) and Galician translations.
- Added a new tab to the About Window. The new tab lists the names of
everyone who has helped find bugs and give valuable feedback.
- Source Code Viewer:
- To denote the start of the
programs "main" code, the source code often contains a comment. Now, the
comment will only be added if needed.
- For Java, the generated class is now called
"JavaApplication". This follows the defacto standard used by Java IDEs.
- Made some internal changes to the Add Shape Popup Menu.
- Bug fixes (thanks to Mathieu Kourouma):
- Made some internal changes that prevent the Variable Watch Window
from crashing on certain versions of Windows.
- Fixed a various grammatical and spelling mistakes.